Reward your readers with awesome incentives
Inspire kids to keep reading this summer by rewarding them for their effort.
Cool prizes and giveaways are perfect for motivating readers this summer. Local retailers are offering incentives to keep kids reading ALL summer long. To earn prizes, children are asked to keep a reading log to earn rewards. Click on the links below to find out how each program works. Make sure to share this list with your friends.
Earn Prizes by Reading!
• Mayor Catro’s Summer Reading Program at the San Antonio Public Library – earn a certificate and free book when you read 15 books and return your reading log to any branch library.
• H-E-B’s 3,2,1 for Summer Fun – Kids are encouraged to read three times a week, visit two fun places and try one new fruit and vegetable. Download a reading log or pick one up your local H-E-B.
• Barnes and Nobles Summer Reading – earn a free book when you read any eight books.
• Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program at Half Price Books (HPB) – Read for 15 minutes each day. Once you’ve read 300 minutes, turn in your completed log to earn HPB Bookworm Bucks for each month; pick up your reading log at any HPB stores.
• Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge – Kids can earn cool prizes by logging in reading minutes each day. Motivate kids with the FREE Reading Timer app. Learn more HERE.
• Pizza Hut Book It! Summer Break Reading Challenge – Log your reading minutes and reveal cool prizes. Enroll your child HERE.
• Chuck E Cheese Reading Rewards (And More) – Read every day for 14 days and earn 10 FREE Tokens to use at any Chuck E Cheese location. Download Reading Calendar HERE.
• Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge – Read all the award-winning books from the recommended lists to qualify for fun prizes. Download the PBK Book List.
• Applebee’s Book Worm Reading Club – Kids earn a free Kid’s Meal when they read 10 books and return the completed reading log. Download the reading log HERE.
Have fun reading!
Photo Courtesy: Pizza Hut Book It! Program.